Last thread on phpbb24

Brush up your English

Moderators: Epistéo, Pierre Equey

Last thread on phpbb24

Postby Pierre Equey » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:21 am

I wonder if somebody could remember the rearmost posts on the English part of the lost and wasted phpbb24 Mensa forum: http://mensaalsace.forum.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=4

It was something very interesting about Cosmology, but I lost the thread…
Pierre Equey

Re: Last thread on phpbb24

Postby Bruno Groucha » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Dorylak wrote:I wonder if somebody could remember the rearmost posts on the English part of the lost and wasted phpbb24 Mensa forum: http://mensaalsace.forum.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=4

It was something very interesting about Cosmology, but I lost the thread…

As I recall it was about the universe bathing in something you called permanenta which, when concentrated in some kind of pressure-cooking pot (e.g. a human brain), generates conscience.
The higner the concentration, the more conscience you get.

Huge containers of permanenta are potential members of mensa-international, or even its elite sub-chapter mensa-Alsace, except that all this being conscious of so much stuff often causes their brain to short-circuit, which induces headaches, depression and failure at admission tests.

As I suggested that permanenta might be the potential of energy-matter to organise, and then de-organise when death occurs (entropy), you said no no no, permanenta is something ever present like some kind of photon or something.

And that is all I recall.
Space captain Bruno, signing off.
Bruno Groucha

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Hello Dear Groucha,

O yes... I remember now. It was a kind of crash-course in orthophysics:

-o-O-o-

Then, orthophysics is the science of real-world systems which are made-up of permanenta. Three important systems are cosmos (multiverse), universe and beings. Our own private cosmos, in which we live, is called the Comos (with a big C). Our own private universe is called the Universe (with a big U).

We have: cosmos > universe > beings. There are many kind of permanenta, the more common are: consciousness - energy - information - matter - roblochon.

-o-O-o-

Shannon found a way to quantify information (… he never says what information is…) within a closed system; the shannonian self-information of an event is given by the followin secret formula, where lg means logarithm to base 2:

I = - lg (Actual probability of an event) = lg (1 / Actual probability of an event)

-o-O-o-

Then, could we define a shannonian consciousness (that could behaves like a shannonian information for open systems, … and we don't say what consciousness is…) by the following secret formula?:

C = lg (Potential probability of an event / Actual probability of an event)

-o-O-o-

Universes are maybe cosmos eggs, because they concentrate heavy amount of consciousness.

-o-O-o-

Good By
Pierre[/b]
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bruno Groucha » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Dorylak wrote:Universes are maybe cosmos eggs, because they concentrate heavy amount of consciousness.

So Cosmos is a kind of hen laying bubbles of consciousness.
These bubbles could be to consciousness what is a sun to energy. And there might be some gravity-like force that attracts these bubbles toward one another, as in a mensa-alsace meeting, which is a midget-sized galaxy.

So, could the amount of consciousness into an egg become so huge that it collapses into the equivalent of a Black Hole, pure consciousness sucking all other eggs venturing close to it, a meta-egg that designs new Cosmoses and thinks them into being through Big Bangs of thought ?

Like an egg hatching into a chicken that grows to be a hen laying new eggs.
I will never eat scrambled eggs again.

Feathery yours
Bruno
Bruno Groucha

Return to In English